Mocden Insurance Consultants
Mocden Insurance Consultants
International Insurance Experts
International Insurance Experts

Motor Trades Insurance 

To drive any vehicle on public roads in any country generally requires some form of road risk insurance.


As a motor trader even test-driving a customer vehicle over 100 yards obliges the motor trader to have a policy in place.


Motor Traders Road Risk Insurance can cover the Motor Trade and their employees to drive all business-related automobiles. This includes customer cars and even any personal vehicles that are stated on the policy.


It is even possible to enhance the road risks protection with a bundle by opting for a combined policy inlcuding features such as buildings insurance under the same cover


Highlights of typical Motor Trades Road Risk Insurance cover includes:


  • vehicles as specified on the policy for loss or damage on a road parked during the course of a journey and at the home address of the policy holder or business partner. Most road risk insurers exclude cover on or within 400 metres or 1 kilometre radius of any separate motor trade premises.


  • the road risks policy can be extended to include stock of vehicles for fire & theft cover at the motor trade premises. It is possible to top cover up to include contents and liabilities on the motor trade premises. This is known as a Motor Trade Combined Policy.  

Almost all occupations can be mentioned on the Motor Trade Insurance cover.


Examples include:

  • mechanics;
  • used car dealers;
  • valeters;
  • motor traders;
  • body repairs;
  • recovery agents;
  • breakers;
  • collection and delivery agents;
  • car importers; and
  • salvage dealers.  

Please contact us for further information.