After The Event "ATE" Legal Expenses Insurance covewrs a wide variety of cases: from personal injury and clinical negligence claims to a broad range of commercial disputes (including insolvency,
defamation and intellectual property) to complex litigation, including group actions.
Flexibility is key and standard product offerings can be apllied to:
- court, arbitration or appeal proceedings;
- whether there is a CFA (full or partial) or a private party paying retainer, with limits of indemnity to suit;
- as top-up cover, whether to a before the event policy or an ATE policy;
- through delegated authority schemes; or
- as one-off policies.
Standard coverage can be extended to:
- opponents's costs and own disbursements
- interim adverse costs orders
- counsel's fees where counsel is not acting under a CFA
- investigative costs
- the premium
- retrospective adverse costs and own disbursements
For further information please contact us